The submission process for 2013 is now open. Deadline to submit your paper is July 12, 2013. Click here for more details.
In celebration of the life and accomplishments of Ronald St. John Macdonald, every year, the Canadian Council on International Law invites papers from students studying at the graduate or undergraduate level in any discipline on topics related to CCIL Annual Conference. Articling students are also eligible and papers from articling students will be considered under the graduate student category.
Successful applicants will present their papers at the CCIL Annual Conference to be held in Ottawa in the late autumn each year. One award will be given for the best graduate paper and one for the best undergraduate paper. Winners will receive the Ronald St. John Macdonald Young Scholars Award. (Subsidies for travel to the annual conference are available.)
Current Ronald St. John Macdonald Young Scholars Award Winners
- 2012: Andréanne Charpentier-Garant (Graduate Category) and Alix Tolliday (Undergraduate Category)
Past Ronald St. John Macdonald Young Scholars Award Winners
- 2011: Katie Sykes (Graduate Category, shared); Verónica Piñero (Graduate Category, shared); Undergraduate award withdrawn. See official announcement.
- 2010: Craig Brannagan (Graduate Category) and Jenna Wates (Undergraduate Category)
- 2009: Alyssa Brierly and Alison Hopkins, with honourable mention to Mike Madden
- 2007: Rhiannon Stromberg (Gradudate Category) and Aaron Shachter (Undergraduate Category)